Tuesday, May 18, 2010

oh so passionate, about sports....

If anyone knows me even just the slightest bit is that I am so passionate about my teams and why or why not I dislike a team / player / coach. I can take it too seriously sometimes as I've deleted some friends over a ball game. I try each and every season (whether it be the Mets, Padres, Chargers, etc.) to let it not bother me, but it still does. I get worked up over someone talking bad about my teams yet I won't hesitate when it comes to taking digs at other teams or players. Call me a hypocrite, call me whatever. I'm just so into the game sometimes.

I get it. I'm passionate. But, I'm also a little bit unreasonable too. But, if I dislike a team / player etc, it's because at the time that a specific sports moment happened, I felt crushed. You might be asking yourself, what the heck is wrong with this chick? Yea. I know. But get this, I cried when Oscar de la Hoya got the decision in 2003. I was that upset for the kid, Oscar seemed so disappointed. I cried when Roy Jones Jr. got knocked out by Antonio Tarver. I was more upset that I didn't get to see RJJ in his prime than anything. Either way, I take my teams, players, etc very seriously. Some may say I am a bandwagonner and I like too many teams. But it's just me.

No comments: