Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Beloved USA

If you know me at all, you know that I've always been very patriotic. I enjoy American history, the good and the bad. I enjoy USA-centered events like Memorial Day parades, fireworks, and love seeing the American flag waving high and mighty.. Today was one of those days were I felt many of my peers felt as I've always felt. So proud to represent the red, white and blue! I was in a meeting during the United States vs. Algeria world cup soccer match... I had been out of the meeting for about 2 minutes and walking to the car. I refresh my Twitter timeline and there I see it: "goallllll" I got chills and they continued as I read more and more tweets about the goal. I could rest. I was extremely nervous when I realized we reached the end of the 90th minute. That changed with the reading of that tweet. I was no longer anxious. Overcome with pride, I was excited to see other fans of the game honking their horns, waving their American flags, and screaming wooooo!

No matter what happens for the remainder of the world cup .. I will be proud of my beloved USA and remember where I was when Donovan scored to help us win our group! Donovan is king!! Let's go USA!

No comments: