Thursday, June 24, 2010

My blog is my "Ben"

My blog is like my "Ben" .. Don't know what I mean?? Google that and Michael Jackson.

I'm gonna try and keep this short and simple. Key word: Try. One phrase or word that continues to appear in everyday discussion is HATER or HATING. Last I remembered leaning more towards something over the other didn't mean a person was hating or being a hater. I think the word "hate" is disgusting which is why I'm trying hard to not use it anymore, for example: I HATE THE YANKEES, etc. It's too exhausting to dislike anything that much. Promoting another team or disliking the excessiveness of another person's boasts does not mean I'm hating. It's called an opinion. They are like assholes. Everyone has one. So let's all try and stop using that word, try to be better citizens.

Another thing is this whole excuse well it's okay because you wrote it in a social media environment. I'm sorry but when was it ever cool to be disrespectful towards your peers. For the most part, I will try and convey my thoughts in a clear manner as I would face-to-face. My intention is never to judge another person's views or situation, but, simply presenting mine. I'm not being ignorant either because I have a differing opinion. If you want to discuss the background to my statements well then let's talk. Unfortunately, many want to read with a chip on their shoulder and immediately form an opinion, then bash. Believe me, I am no saint but really, do you need to be disrespectful when you disagree. Ask yourself would you say that to someone's face, probably not - or you would, and get smacked and lose many "friends". In recent months, I find my patience for this behavior running low. I want to spread positivity. Is that too much to ask ? We all make mistakes, we all say stupid shit. I am included. Just lighten up and remember Galatians 5:22.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

You got a friend in "Ben"..

No comments: