Monday, December 20, 2010

Why be so negative?

Monday mornings are quite annoying especially when you had an extremely busy weekend and didn't get to sleep in as you had hoped for. But, you can determine how the rest of your day will go and how you act. I always laugh at the people that blame their bum ass attitude on the fact that it is Monday. Maybe you just have a bum attitude and it's not Monday's fault. My Monday didn't start the best but I'm not gonna ruin the rest of the day by being pissed off.

Either way, I notice that people will say "can't wait for the new year, so I can start fresh". Well my personal view is if you want to start fresh, why wait until January 1. You've made the decision to make some changes and have a better attitude, why does it need to wait until after we sing "For Auld..." I don't get that about people.

This time of year is extremely special for me not only because of the birth of Christ Jesus but, because it is a time to reflect on great times we've had and changes we've made. If reflecting causes you to be negative, well, then maybe you should just start yourself anew today. I don't consider myself a motivational speaker in any sense, but, really you are in control of your emotions and how you want to live. I personally put my faith in God and know that whatever is happening around me is for a reason. So, if I feel like I'm having a bad day, I say oh well and move on... it's just easier to get through life without being so negative.

Have a great day!

No comments: