Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I'm going to be an Aunt!

My brother and sister-in-law are expecting a new bundle of joy in late September! I am beyond excited for them and so happy that God has blessed them with an amazing thing. When I first found out, I was excited for a number of reasons; first grandchild for my parents, first niece or nephew for my sister and I; newest baby in the family overall. But, I am a little disappointed because I won't be around to spoil him or her. Ideally, Mike and I would like to move to California but we didn't expect it to be for another couple years or so. This event puts everything in perspective; family is so important. You want to be close to them to witness the special moments.

Mike says that I'm a lot more family oriented than he is, I never saw it that way. But now I do. I don't think I appreciated my family until I moved out East. I am glad he is standing up for me and knowing that I want to be close with his family. It is a process and hopefully we will get there someday.

No comments: