Thursday, June 23, 2011

How organized are you?

My goal was to get out of work today by 6pm. I came across Friday morning's schedule for me and realized that I'd be in meetings from 9am until noon tomorrow. With no time to prep for the calls tomorrow, I figured it would be wise for me to organize my thoughts before I left for the day.

No, I don't get paid overtime. But it is extremely important to me to be organized and prepared for tomorrow.

Many people would have just went home and winged it. I would have anxiety thinking about curveballs that'd be thrown at me during the call or losing control.

So my question is... Do you stay organized at work to make sure you are clear on what the daily agenda is? Or do you just wing it? I've implemented some great techniques to maintain organization at the job and they have filtered over to my personal life - just ask me how many google docs I have prepped for the wedding.

If you are in any form of project management and fail to filter these techniques to your personal life - how organized are you?

I am willing to share my secrets but I just don't think you want to be bothered with it. Or maybe you do. Better management of your work life, leads to more productive work days, less stress and smiles.

A to-do list is your first step. Have a good night!

No comments: