Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Expressions in the form of Tattoos

I started to think about tattoos as I sat on the subway home tonight because I saw a chick with a naked lady on the inside of her forearm. And another dude with skulls on his elbows.

I think tattoos are beautiful, for the most part. There are some really great pieces of art that exist out there. Some that represent lives lost, new beginnings, personal journeys, and so on. Tattoos are a form of expression. That being said, I don't think I'll ever be able to get one.

I have lots of people I'd like to remember with a "tribute tattoo". I think tattoos w/ color can really make a statement. I love the little, simple tattoo that says A LOT. Maybe I just have too much to express and can't pinpoint what exactly it'd be. My maiden name is almost donezo but I'll never forget it so I don't need it on my body. Same with my first name. No need for it because I have a good memory.

Once, I was going to get a little apple (symbolizing my love for New York City) on the small of my wrist with my then best friend. Glad I didn't do that otherwise I'd remember the bitch for the rest of my life. Lol.

Aside from the fact that I have too many things to express, why would you wanna spend precious dough on ink that you might not love next year.

Tattoos are great, probably not for me though.

No comments: