Monday, June 1, 2009

Giving Back

So there's a part of me that chooses to give back to the community even if its volunteer work or participating in a walk for a cause. I'm not sure if this trait of mine came about during the college years or it's just something that's in my nature.

This year I am participating in New York's Light the Night Walk to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Although I had seen advertisements previously, it especially hit home this year. My boyfriend's mother lost her life to leukemia just over a month ago. I am walking in support of her and to hopefully raise money for this often overlooked disease. Myself and many others will be walking in the city to support this cause. If you'd like to join me, feel free to join my team by clicking the link below:

My Light the Night Fundraising Page

Thanks for reading!

No comments: