Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lounge vs. Bar: Happy Medium?

Ever get that feeling that you'd like to head out on the town, but, not get all fancy-fancy or wear your newest party dress? You'd like to get out and have a good night in the city, but, you don't necessarily want to stop at a hole-in-the-wall bar. I've made it a goal of mine to enjoy a nice night out (or a few) without all the frills during the summer months. I'm a huge fan of Happy Hour but, I'd like for a happy hour feel at 11pm-2am...New York City is heating up, it's 75 degrees and humid today.

Below is a list of places, I'd like to re-visit this summer:

1. La Linea - 1st and 1st (LES): I've been to this place quite a few times and had a great time each time I went. Great music (well at least what I like, hip hop, r & b, old school, etc.) and cheap drinks. Half price bar until 9pm, Monday thru Friday, gotta love it.

2. Bourbon - -46th between 8th and 9th (Theater District): HURRICANES, comfy seats and pop music happy hours til 8pm.

3. 1849 - Bleecker St (Village): Sweet decor, strong drinks but not enough seating. Good for groups at tables and 1-2 people at the bar. MUSIC can be great and can be weird. The area is perfect though!

4. Madame X - W. Houston (border of NoHo / SoHo): Super cool vibe and ambiance is key here: VERY INTIMATE! Wine is $5 glass and drinks are strong...Music tends to be a few years old, but still a nice place to go to.

A fellow blogger and cousin of a family member has recommended some new places in SpaHa (Spanish Harlem) so I'll probably have to check those out soon! Any more ideas?

I can't wait for more summer activities to start! Picnic in the Park, Water Taxi Beach, Game Nights, etc.

Bring on the summer!
Marisa

1 comment:

PplzChamp said...

I'm puttin' La Linea and Madame X on my NYC List!