Friday, June 26, 2009

King of Pop, May You Rest in Peace

When I was told he had full cardiac arrest, I couldn't believe it. Would he make it? I had chills. Now despite all the negative press surrounding Michael in the late 90's and beyond, I couldn't help but be shocked by his death. I almost lost it when I found out.
We truly lost a great entertainer, an icon and a music legend!

My very first memory of Michael the entertainer was when my "graduating" pre-school class sang "We Are the World" in front of a crowd of our friends and family. I remember watching the video years later although it wasn't Billie Jean or Rock With You we were all so excited to be singing that song.

Michael was an amazing icon in so many ways. No one can deny his talent, his star power and the music that speaks to us. HIStory was on repeat for almost a year straight for me. We all grew up with him. He touched people around the world and each and everyone of us will remember what joy he brought to us. When we would hear MJ songs in the clubs and get all excited because it "brought us back". I don't know what to believe, if he truly did take the allegations so hard that it destroyed his spirit or he just went crazy, he now has his opportunity to live again and entertain the people that we've lost on Earth.

I can't help but feel sentimental about this and I will forever remember and think "where were you when.."

Rest in Peace KING of Pop!

No comments: