Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Don't be THAT person

So as most of you know, the wedding is about 6 weeks away (from this Friday) and I think my most annoying thing to deal with so far is the RSVP part. RSVP is an acronym for a French saying that means Please Respond. RSVP as far as I knew was say yes or no if you are attending.

Well, apparently not many people understand this. You don't want to be THAT person that doesn't respond, do you? Your hosts have enough to do, they don't want to have to stalk you for a response. It's not fun and it's nowhere near stress-free and embarassing.

I have to make light of it all and here are some my favorite comments in terms of RSVP:
"Ummm you need us to actually send it back to you"
"I work that day. I don't know if I'm coming just to the reception or what."
"I put the envelope in a safe place to send it out and now I can't find it."

 Well my advice to you if you are asked to RSVP is to PLEASE respond. Don't be THAT person. Update: Missing 12 cards and the RSVP date was yesterday. Oh well!

1 comment:

L.J. said...

agree. agree. agree. felt your pain, Marisa. I hope you get 95% of your responses before the "RSVP by" date.

I never cared about RSVPing until I planned my wedding.

LISTEN TO THE BRIDE! IT'S HER DAY PEOPLE!

Keep that smile Marisa, in the end, it's about you and your future husband. - Littlest Jon (@JoninFullerton_)