Thursday, August 25, 2011

How to Make Your G+ Profile Not Visible

So I happened to Google my first name and last name to find out that my Google+ profile comes up on the first page. So I had to go in to the settings of my Google+ account to make sure this was not happening. Some posts that I make public I don't necessarily want public.

Here is a screencast of the steps I took to remove my profile from being indexed in search engines:

http://screencast.com/t/kl129vexpzdA

1. Go to Edit Profile
2. Scroll all the way down to Search Visibility
3. Make sure the box is unchecked.
4. Finish editing.

You will notice your Search Visibility is NOT visible in search. Read more here:

Maybe one day, I will make my profile searchable by search engines. For now, no.

Enjoy!

Thanks,
Marisa

No comments: