Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Fine Nine with the Bolts

Yesterday, Mr. LaDainian Tomlinson was released by the San Diego Chargers. As much as I knew it was coming, I didn't want to accept it. I cannot imagine Mr. LT in a different jersey but he's such a class act. He deserves a ring, but, does that mean that he would NEVER get it in San Diego. What is he saying about our team? Are we THAT bad? Sure, we've choked and LT was injured a few times in the playoffs but as a fan, I can't help but think...What if we do make it all the way next year and then LT will look like the fool?

OK. Don't get me wrong, I love LT. I even own a shirt that has "I heart LT" on it. I fell in love with his actions on and off the field especially when 60 minutes featured LaDainian and LaTorsha one Sunday night in early 2008. As far as I know, LT loves San Diego and gives back a lot to the community. Will I miss him as much as those children at Rady's Children Hospital, probably not. But, I will miss his personality on the field. The teacup TD celebration, will he still do that wherever he ends up? You can't think about the Bolts without thinking "lt" so who knows how I will feel when I see him in a different uniform? Either way, I hope that he is happy and I hope that he will miss San Diego like SD already misses him.

I wish LaDainian and his family all the best and he deserves a RING. I just wish that ring was with us. Good luck #21!

No comments: