Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sade is Back

When I was in my early twenties, Sade released her last album and now she is back. I have never really called myself a Sade fan, but, I definitely figured I'd download her album and have a listen.

Favorite song - The Moon and The Sky



I love the way this song starts off and adds another element that isn't being used in today's music. The slight stop in the backbeat is also different. I'm big on the song title too because I love nature's goods, sky, moon, stars, etc. "You'll always know the reason why we couldn't have the moon and the sky" - If Sade is talking about a lover she wanted and couldn't have, then damn, sorry lady. If it's not well then she really knows how to make you feel that way in the song.

My other favorites are Skin and Babyfather. Thanks to Sade, I have a nice relaxing subway ride with soothing beats to enjoy.

If you haven't gotten your Sade - Soldier of Love album yet, please go and get yours. My life makes me happy, my music makes me happy.

1 comment:

L.J. said...

thanks for posting this... now im gonna get the album after that listen. sade is timeless