Friday, February 5, 2010

People come and go....

....people come and go, but stars and heroes give you memories that help you grow.

A friend of mine wrote this and isn't it so true. People do come and go, but those constants are the ones that can make an impact. I'm talking about from the highest hero of them all to the hometown hero who did a good deed and got recognized for it. But, there's isn't a formula for how to make an impact on someone because we're all different.

I bring up this topic only because I admire LaDainian Tomlinson so much and although he is not a hero of mine, he could be to many young people. I don't admire him for his game play as much as I admire him for his person. I saw a 60 minutes interview with him back in 2008 and it profiled him and his wife. This interview showed the LT person not the LT player helping out at a hospital during the Christmas season. His generosity and down-home attitude is admirable in a football world full of wannabe stars and crybabies. With the impending birth of his first child, I dreamed of that child being introduced with a Chargers jersey on. Okay maybe I'm taking it a bit too far, but, this is an end to an era. As a 29 year old, I'm able to deal with it becauses it happened before with Seau. I mean it's just a sport, but young kids grew up knowing about LT and how special he was to the town of San Diego.

As I finish up here, I remember the good times that LT brought to me and I wish him the best! He hasn't officially left our team yet and barring a miracle, he will be back. Until then, #21 will be missed!

No comments: