Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Iced Oatmeal Cookies

These cookies bring me back to afternoons at my grandparent's house where I would raid the cupboard and grab some of the deliciousness from one of grandma's purple tins. They were placed carefully in 2-3 stacks and I knew that the tin would be stacked at all times. OMG, DE-LISH! I had a weird craving for them last week while at the supermarket but of course, they don't have them in the clear plastic as I remember Mother's Iced Oatmeal cookies to be. Closest I got to them were Oatmeal Nabisco's. Oh definitely not what I'm looking for. Three days passed and voila! I found some generic brand cookies at the corner store near the apartment. While they are not Mother's they are almost as delicious. Now let me go watch General Hospital with my grandma in the "TV Room". Rest in peace Grandma and Grandpa, I'm thinking of you!

Go pick up some and enjoy the yumminess...

No comments: