Monday, August 16, 2010

Why I hate UPS

1. UPS attempted to deliver the pack on 8/11/2010; it was not. Someone was home too (because that was the expected delivery date), but, come to find out just a sticky was left on the front of my building.
2. The following day, left the UPS notice on my building door to deliver to the neighbor since no one would be home on the following day (2nd attempt).
3. I called UPS at 10:36am on 8/12 to remind them that it should be delivered to the neighbor's apartment, they said they would put in a message to the driver and mentioned the notice on the front of the building with my signature and message on the back (to deliver to neighbor).
4. UPS called me back at 11:45am on 8/12 to confirm my message yet the message had not reached the driver in time before the 2nd attempt (at 11:29am).
5. Again the following day, I left the notice on the front of the building and when UPS called me at 11:35am or so to confirm I wanted the package delivered to the neighbor I said yes. However, on 8/13 (shortly before the call) the 3rd attempt was tried and the 2nd phone call I got, the lady said that the message re: to leave at neighbor wasn't received.
6. So the lady said they would hold the package on the truck since Monday would be a different driver and couldn't get the message out to Monday's driver until Monday.
7. I checked the status of my package on Friday evening come to find out that the package had been returned to the sender.
8. I called the 800 UPS number and Rudy (UPS rep) said that he would get a message out to HOLD the package and have it re-delivered to my neighbor's address despite repeated messages and confirmations from representatives from the number 718-678-1900. He assured me that this would happen.
9. I received a call around 9:35am this morning from the local customer center saying that my package has been returned to sender and I should've called the 800 number to hold the package. (Which I did call on Friday when I noticed it was being scanned to be sent back but was NEVER told to call the 800 number when I received my 2nd call on Friday). She said that I had to call the original sender to have it re-delivered.

If you followed all of that, you realize one thing. UPS is incompetent of receiving any messages put on the account or sent out to the driver. Yes, it was my bad to have it delivered to my apartment when I should have just delivered to a house/home. Also, why can't they hold packages for a day or so like USPS does if the person wants to go and pick it up. Really UPS? Luckily it's not a time-sensitive package, but the items are personalized... so they are going to have to re-send, I just hope they don't give me any hassle like the Customer Center did.

I will avoid UPS shipments as much as I can.

Thank you and goodnight!

No comments: